Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Astoria Streets: The New Boulevards of Death

So last nite, during American Idol, this kid, or small man got mowed down by a car right in front of my house! i was doing some stuff in the kitchen when i heard all this yelling and honking, i look out the window and some dude is lying in the middle of the road and this little kid next to him.

by the time i ran downstairs, the cops were already there! talk about your first responder, which is weird b/c i recall one poker nite and there was an car accident in front of the house and cops didn't come for like a 1/2 hour. i know why the quick police presence but i'm not at liberty to say. anyway, it appeared that the kid was conscious without apparent spinal injury b/c he was lifting his hands over his head to hold something. the little kid w/ the dude was crying and was holding a policeman's hand and got into the ambulance.

in the same week, a car crashed into this iron wrought fence, the same intersection where i witnessed a minivan do spirals in the air near my head over a year ago. and as i got home to walk w/ the jubster, there was a fender bender outside the house. ok, so don't walk across the streets here or drive in Astoria b/c you will die.

and that's one to grow on. let's wish the little dude well and quick recovery.

in other news, I got my Official APTA Certificate for the Clinical Instructor Credentialing Program...I can now fail students and it would mean even more to because i have a certificate on my wall that says its official. i wonder if i can put extra letters at the end of my title?

I feel drunk with power.

and i got my Snow Patrol tix, i'm still waiting for one friend to come back from vacation to see if her bf will come...if not i'm gonna need a way to be rid of 2 extra tix and come out with a smile on my face...i wonder how i could do that? hmmm...a quandry indeed.

No comments: