Friday, April 14, 2006

Oh Thom-my Boy, so silly...

"The fact that poor Arctic Monkeys are getting so
much attention is purely based on the fact that
the mainstream music business is such a bunch
of fucking retards as far as I'm concerned."

-Thom Yorke, in NME

i think the Arctic Monkeys are pretty crappy too...latest overrated band from across the pond since the Kaiser Chiefs-though i admit that "I Predict A Riot" is a pretty darn rootin' tootin' diddy.

in other Radiohead (is the greatest band in the world) news...

coming from Maxim UK, Noel Gallagher of Oasis has declared that "Radiohead are now more important than Oasis." and concedes that "the albums released by Radiohead have surpassed anything his group have released."

which, sure, isn't saying much from our perspective but it's Noel saying it for chrissakes...who's more full o' himself than anyone...though he also says that Coldplay may be important too...ergo, Noel must have been high when he was quoted as saying this. shite!

"I think I could have said, without any argument, till the year 2000 Oasis were the most important British band since The Beatles. But I think Radiohead have been important and I think Coldplay may yet turn out to be important but not so much now."

this is all Radiohead filler until they finally release definitive tour dates here in the US!!!

No comments: