Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Upsetting News (if your a Cure fan)

Coming from Chain of Flowers, a Cure fan site...Roger O' Donnell (keyboardist) and Perry Bamonte (guitarist) are no longer with the band. The reason or impetus for the departure wasn't revealed...but knowing the revolving door of musicians that have rotated in the band since their inception in the late 70's---it was b/c Robert fired them. apparently, he can be bitchy sometimes and since The Cure is his baby (OK, and Simon's too), he has final say. What's even suckier is that former Cure guitarist Porl Thompson is back with them playing shows in Europe this summer. are they touring in the US?? of course not, b/c we suck!!

So I terminated my student's affiliation on Monday. For those who don't know...i've had a student from Touro College the past 5 weeks, on his 2nd of 3 affiliations he would have. After being late on numerous occasions and having the gall to call out with a "headache" last friday---the day he was supposed to have a meeting with me and my supervisor regarding his lackluster performance...weird, huh? i mean who does he think he's kidding? i called him to tell him he needed a doctor's note, first his wife answered...and you hear grumbling in the background...then a cheery and upbeat "Hello?" from the guy...when told him it was me...it turned to the "Wait...i'm supposed to be sick...so sound sick, stupid!!", so he replied to a sickly "Hi, my headache is still there"...anyway, i told him that he needed a doctor's note and told him that he was in danger of failing...he didn't seem to really care. So come Monday...the guy knowing he's under the gun---decides he's going to come in late...20 min. late...well, kids, that was the last straw for me--got my supervisor and director and told him basically he's not performing to the expected level and acting most unprofessionally and sent him home. there are more reasons to why he failed, but i won't bore you w/ the details. it just bothers me that someone could be so unenthusiastic and unmotivated to do a job that i love...i mean i could not, in good conscience, pass him, with the chance that he would treat patients.

i'm feeling the need to climb...i'm quitting the Rock...looking for another place to go, while going to the better rock gyms in the city. SNan and I got a free week at synergy...which apparently gives a discount to NYU employees like ourselves for 50 bux a month. what a bargain...so i'll check it out next week.

i'm Casey Kasem, on with the COUNTDown

Entries 89-85 of the Top 100 Things About SpookyB

At 89. being picked last in every sport made me want to be good at every sport when i got older. sports yet to be good at: Jai Alai, Curling, Steeplechase and Naked Co-ed Jello Wrestling (i just joined a league, i'm sure i'll go pro soon)

88. I have read the Lord of the Rings every year (since 1995), i took a class on it and was hooked ever since. the movies made me shit m'self, metaphorically, or course. i even wrote a short story about the Heirs of Isildur after Aragorn...my professor kept it...probably to wipe her ass with, hippie bastard.

87. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance changed my life forever. You just have to read it...and thank you Ed, for recommending it.

86. Coke over Pepsi (and what i mean is cocaine)

85. I had high hair when i was in high school (we're talking Kid of Kid N' Play / Morrissey high), What?!? I wanted to be Morrissey, sans the gay/celibate vegetarian thing.

1 comment:

Simone said...

had high hair? um, you still do.

I don't care who's in The Cure. Only one man counts. A man who once touched me like no other...